This homemade sloppy Joe recipe with brown sugar should be tried. But wait. Anyone doesn’t familiar with Sloppy Joe. You have to know it first. Most of the American people really love hamburger. This is why they have various types of hamburgers recipes with different filling or topping. Who doesn’t know Sloppy Joe? This is one of the most popular American hamburgers.
It has been really famous among people all over the world. This dish is made of a hamburger bun with full filling. It is filled with seasoned meat sauce cooked with onion, peppers, carrots, and many seasonings. The filling makes this hamburger looks messy and full, just like its name- Sloppy Joe.
Sloppy Joe was created first time at the beginning of 20th century. The recipe was found by a cook named Joe in a cafe named Sioux City, Iowa. If you are a hamburger lover, this sloppy Joe recipe with brown sugar will get you “hooked”. Brown sugar for the beef mixture makes it more special. It adds a taste of sweetness. Besides for Sloppy Joe, the beef mixture with brown sugar is also tasty over baked potatoes or rice. This is a quick dish, suitable for busy people who always skip breakfast.
Recipes for Sloppy Joe
- 4 hamburger buns, split.
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked.
- ¼ cup water.
- ½ onion, cut into small dice
- ¼ carrot, cut into small dice
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 2 teaspoons of mustard
- 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon ketchup
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of tomato sauce
How to Make:How to Make:
- Stir-fry onion until it smells good. Then, add carrots, cook until slightly tender and the onion looks transparent. Add cooked ground beef. Stir the mixture until it is well done and smells delicious.
Note: If you use raw beef, add it first until turns brown. Then, add carrots.
- Add brown sugar, tomato sauce, ketchup, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper powder, garlic powder, and mustard. Stir well.
- Add water into the mixture and stir slowly until the mixture turns a little bit dry. Cook over medium heat.
- Serve the beef mixture on buns.
- This recipe yields 4 servings
1 each contains 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 439 calories, 75mg cholesterol, 27g protein, 1360mg sodium, and 46g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber).
Very easy and quick! This Sloppy Joe recipe with brown sugar should be executed at home. There are many more variants of Sloppy Joe. Some recipes are modified for making Sloppy Joe sandwiches. Some people replace the beef with roast turkey for the sandwiches. With all the same seasonings, you can make some different variants of Sloppy Joe. For making Sloppy Joe sandwich, you just add sliced Swiss cheese. It is recommended to use rye bread.
Both Sloppy Joe hamburger and sandwich are perfect dishes for a picnic. Wouldn’t you try?